Job Vacancy – Freelance Administrator (part-time)
FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR (PART-TIME)
Working from home, plus attending regular meetings in Edinburgh
Overall Purpose of Job
To provide administrative support to the Executive Committee, particularly with respect to meetings, membership and communications.
The Scottish Campaign for National Parks promotes the protection, enhancement and enjoyment of National Parks, potential National Parks and other nationally outstanding areas worthy of special protection. Our joint project with The Association for the Protection of Rural Scotland (APRS) recently succeeded in its principal aim of persuading the Scottish Government to designate more National Parks. SCNP and APRS continue working together to ensure that the SG implements this commitment by 2026. SCNP is a registered Scottish charity, No SC031008. Further information about SCNP’s work is at www.scnp.org.uk
Terms and Conditions
Approximately 10 hours per month on a freelance/self-employed basis; £15 per hour to be invoiced monthly in arrears. Applicants will need to provide own PC/laptop, printer and broadband; SCNP will reimburse any necessary expenses eg for postage, stationery or travel.
The role of the Administrator will involve, but not be limited to, the following tasks, the actual mix of tasks depending on the agreed priorities at the time:
- Prepare and circulate agendas and papers for Executive Committee meetings (approximately eight per year) and for AGM
- Take and circulate draft minutes for Executive Committee meetings and AGM
- Support actions agreed at meetings as required, such as writing letters or issuing press releases
- Maintain shared Dropbox files
- Administer existing individual and business membership payments, including recording standing order payments, issuing reminders and banking cheques
- Resolve any anomalies regarding amounts and dates paid
- Process new membership applications
- Produce twice-yearly newsletter with input from Executive Committee members and post/email to members
- Explore options and make proposals for online membership applications and for alternative membership types such as business, group or life
- Add regular updates to SCNP website, including news items, research reports, Committee Member information and links to other sites
- Post regular items on SCNP Facebook and Twitter pages and report on numbers of followers
To express interest in this opportunity please email a letter (max 1 side) and CV (max 2 sides) to the Chairman of SCNP at email@example.com. Please email that same address if you would like to arrange an informal discussion with the Chairman about the role.
Friday 20 May 2022